Is there anything this yummy smoothie is not? Okay, okay, it’s not a million dollars…yeah and it’s not a puppy…or a pair of Louboutins…but it is a pretty talented multi-tasker! Did I mention it’s delicious, too? Oh, and have I told you that I’m not that much of a smoothie fan either? I still prefer to eat rather than drink my calories, but once I got out of my comfort zone and gave my blender a whir, I was quite impressed and thoroughly enjoyed this mango lassi.
So what do I mean when I say this smoothie is multi-tasking. Well, let me show you.
- Having both servings makes a pretty filling breakfast.
- Mangoes are full of Vitamins C giving your immune system a nice boost. Who wouldn’t want that with flu flitting around like crazy?
- A serving of Greek yogurt provides about 20% of your daily calcium requirements.
- The protein in Greek yogurt not helps keep your tummy full, it makes this lassi a great post-workout snack. I liked it as a pre-workout snack, too!
- The Vitamin A from the mangoes gives your eyesight some loving.
- Mangoes are great for keeping your cholesterol low with all its fiber.
- Antioxidants…need I say more?
- Add a shot of rum and you’ve got a healthy, creamy, tropical cocktail.
So how about it? Who wants to give it a try? I’m sure you won’t be disappointed.
Multitasking Mango Lassi
- 1 12 ounce bag frozen mango, appx. 2 cups
- 1 6 ounce container fat free plain Greek yogurt, appx. 1/2 cup
- 1/4 skim milk
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon garam marsala (optional)
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
- mint for garnish (optional)
- 1 ounce white rum (cocktail option only)
- Combine all ingredients except garnish in a blender.
- Pulse to puree per your blenders instructions until mixture is smooth. (If you have a less than stellar blender, use a flat spatula to push ingredients back down towards the blades in between pulses.)
- Pour into 2 10 ounce glasses.
- When making the night before, pour into a sealed travel cup or simply cover the top of the glass with plastic wrap.