Sadly, gggs and I don’t get a long very well. I love them, but I just seem to have a difficult time making them. My favorite way to have my eggs is poached, and yeah…thank goodness presentation doesn’t matter when it’s just yourself lol. Oh, and the way my mom used to cook eggs for our breakfast when we were little. Yum! I have never been able to recreate it.
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 a baby bella mushroom
- 1/2 tsp chopped herbs, I used basil
- 1/4 tsp grated parmesan
- pinch salt and pepper
- enough olive oil to coat a ramekin/ baking cup
- Preheat the oven to 350° and put a pot of water on the stove to boil
- Coat the bottom and sides of a 4-ounce ramekin with olive oil. One ramekin per egg
- Crack an egg into the ramekin and arrange baby bella slices around the yolk
- Top each egg with ¼ tsp of chopped basil and a sprinkling of freshly grated parmesan. You may season with salt and pepper if you like as well.
- Arrange ramekins in a roasting pan and pour the boiling water into the roasting pan until the water is halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake 15 minutes, until the whites are set and firm and the yolks are runny. You may bake the eggs longer for firmer yolks, but you may dry it out so keep an eye on them.
- Garnish with basil if desires and serve immediately.