Well, I’m baaaack…my luggage, however, decided to stay in Europe a little longer, along with today’s post in my notebook (computer screens and sunlight do not work well together!). No worries, I think I remember most if it, and it kind of works. With all the airport food I had to eat after a few cancellations and delays…ugh! Man, has my tummy been rebelling!
Ever have those days when your tummy just can’t stand any food you put in front of it, but you’re still soooooo, sooooo, soooo hungry? I hate those days. What about pizza, tummy? No! Salad? No! Oooook, this pasta looks… No! Too heavy, too starchy, too veggie, too greasy, no, no no!
I hate you, tummy.
Yup, that’s kind of how it went the day I made these lettuce wraps. Today too, actually. Fresh and cool with delicate flavors and just enough filling enough. Hehehe, I tricked my tummy 🙂
Crab Salad Lettuce Wraps
- 2 tbsp basil aioli
- 2 baby red bell pepper, diced small
- 2 scallions, sliced thin at an angle
- 8 oz crab meat, lump if you can afford it
- 1 head Boston lettuce (also called Bib or Butter lettuce)
- Combine all ingredients except for the lettuce in a bowl. Toss to combine. If you like, add more aioli and salt and pepper.
- Take a lettuce leaf. Starting with a tablespoon, spoon in some crab salad. Add more depending on the size of the lettuce leaf.
- When ready to eat, either roll the leaf up like a spring roll or a taco.